Saturday 12 January 2013

The hardest part of starting is in fact starting...

Morning, shoppers.

Welcome to my blog.

Pop the kettle on, pour yourself a beverage of your choice, grab yourself  a little bit of somethingsomething and have a seat right here.

Can't tell you what's going to happen in here as yet as I don't even know myself. One thing I can tell you is it probably won't be full of witty or insightful social commentary and it may well be full of dirty laundry. I read a bit, I procrastinate a lot, like to cook, like to drink wine (and cider and beer) and coffee. Love the idea of tea, however cannot come to terms with how crap it tastes. Unless it's made by a proper tea lady with enormous bosoms - in that case, it's strong, white and with one thanks very much.

Sometimes I crap on about make-up and perfume and clothes and fashion and young people today; and I'm coming to terms with the fact that no matter how I slice it, I am in fact a middle aged lady of generous proportions and no manner of red lipstick will restore my misbegotten youth. I have taken a solemn vow to steer clear of the funky hair cuts and the statement glasses and the asymmetrical tunics in bold colours. I will not be a Statement Middle Aged Lady even when I do dive over the bridge to the other side of fifty. Disgraceful old lady, maybe. I can manage that without too much trouble.

So yeah, not sure what's going to happen, what I'm going to write about, even how often I am going to write. I'm a slacker and I know it - I'm full of good intentions. And yeah, think I mentioned I procrastinate a lot.

To finish with, nine things:

  1. Reading: Jim Butcher - Cold Days. Book 14 of the Dresden Files. These get better and better as the series goes on. It's the 14th in a series, you'd have to start at the start so I'm not going to explain.
  2. Wearing: Pajama pants, Trenery black t-shirt (it's late. I've been out all day and wearing heels on a Saturday. Earlier, it was a frock, heels, necklace and resin bangles)
  3. Perfume: Today is brought to you by Dolce Vita by Dior.
  4. Face: Standard face...Clarins foundation, Lancome Doll Eyes mascara, smidge of Clinique eyeshadow, Saint Rouge by Lipstick Queen
  5. Listening to: MTV Classic. Ridic amount of cool songs tonight. 80s and 90s party tunes, now it's karaoke. 
  6. Eating: Toast
  7. Doing: Making toast as soon as I post this
  8. Thinking: I'm hungry. Lunch was a long time ago.
  9. Grateful: That today is over (good day, but a long one)











No comments:

Post a Comment